Monday, September 12, 2011

It's The Great Pumpkin, Sugar Krystle!

I have been slacking a bit on the blog front. Which, if I am being completely honest, is what I anticipated would happen when I started this blog, but I managed to convince myself otherwise. So for those (small few) who actually read and appreciate my blog, I do apologize for the let down. If you are a first timer, welcome! I will work harder to keep up so that I don't lose you...

I digress...

A few days ago I posted on my Facebook page that I'd had my first Pumpkin Spice Latte of the season from Starbucks. What's funny is, I only posted this because I'd discovered that the previous year I had my first Pumpkin Spice Latter of the season on the exact same day and I thought that was a bit eery but kinda cool. It turned out most people were not so interested in the spooky coincidence and instead were reacting to the fact that I was drinking a seasonal latte that was traditionally for Fall when technically we are in the heart of summer here in the Northwest. It's true, Oregon and Washington has summer from mid-July until the last week of September (first week or two of October sometimes too, if we're lucky)... and that's all we get. So I most definitely understand their dismay at the thought of me cutting it short. However, I can assure you all that my motives were strictly business! I was seeking inspiration for my "Fall Preview of Flavors" *wink*

So in no way am I trying to jip anyone of the remaining days of summer. By all means, take your time! But when you're ready, I have a running list of festive cupcakes on deck the harvest months, beginning with what started this whole uproar in the first place - Pumpkin Spice Latte!


pumpkin spice cake w/ pumpkin spice espresso buttercream

My taste tester happened to not be a fan of coffee and still really liked this one, which for me, is quite the compliment. When you all are ready, you can try it too!
place an order via email: sugarkrystles@gmail.com 

More seasonal goodies to come so be on the lookout!


No comments:

Post a Comment